Columbus Behavioral Center for Children and Adolescents provides a safe and therapeutic environment for males and females ages 8 to 18 to focus on individualized treatment goals that address their histories of multiple acute-care hospitalizations, substance abuse problems, or repeated behavioral health concerns.
With a family-centered approach, our programs offer intensive therapy and resident-focused programming in a warm, caring and supportive environment. Our trained professionals work with the resident, family and community partners to promote a therapeutic transition back into the home or, if necessary, an additional appropriate level of care.
Residents are able to work through the program by demonstrating appropriate behaviors, processing their psychological issues through therapy, and learning to deal effectively with their emotions. The program typically lasts from three to nine months depending on the willingness of the resident and family to participate in treatment and the resident’s ability to make life changes; however, shorter lengths of stay have become more prevalent.
Additional Program Highlights:
- Intensive, structured, resident-focused programming (including individual sessions, group therapy, and life skills education)
- Family and parenting groups
- Drug education and substance abuse interventions
- Daily activity and recreational therapy
- On-site school, including summer enrichment component
- Fun and educational outings
- Monthly progress reports
- Separate living units divided on gender and age
Click here to learn more about how to make a referral.