Columbus Behavioral Center for Children and Adolescents provides mental health services to males and females ages 8 to 18. Located in the greater Columbus, Indiana area, our 56-bed facility provides support to each child and teen that walks through the doors. We work with the resident, family and community partners to promote a smooth transition back into the home or, if necessary, an additional appropriate level of care.
The trained professionals at our center provide safe and individualized treatment goals for each patient. Our Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) increases the development of behavioral skills that can help patients build relationships, manage emotions and cope more effectively with various life problems. In addition, our residential treatment program offers a balance of therapy, education and fun activities in a safe, structured setting.
An average stay at our facility is three to nine months. We focus on the needs and safety of our patients with 24-hour licensed staff supervision, which includes registered nurses.
Additional Program Highlights:
- Intensive, structured, resident-focused programming (including individual sessions, group therapy, and life skills education)
- Family and parenting groups
- Drug education and substance abuse interventions
- Daily activity and recreational therapy
- On-site school, including summer enrichment component
- Fun and educational outings
- Monthly progress reports
- Separate living units divided on gender and age
Click here to learn more about how to make a referral.