Children and adolescents most appropriate for Columbus Behavioral Center exhibit significant mental or psychiatric, emotional and behavioral health problems that cannot be adequately treated in the existing home or school environments.
If you believe your child could benefit from our residential services, please contact our Admissions Department to discuss eligibility for our programs, by calling (800) 562-5213. The call is free, confidential and requires no obligation. We will guide you through the simple referral process and can set up a tour of our treatment center if you are interested.
We accept Indiana Medicaid, state funding, private pay, and are in network with most insurance companies including TRICARE®.
Criteria for each program are slightly different due to funding sources, but there are some consistent requirements:
- Child is between the ages of 8 and 18
- IQ is 70 or above
- Diagnoses most commonly treated:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder